Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Song That Makes Me Cry

Back when I was a child before life removed all the innocence my father would lift me high and dance with my mother and me and then spin me around til I fell asleep then up the stairs he would carry me and I new for sure, I was loved If I could get another chance another walk another dance with him I'd play a song that would never ever end how I'd love love love to dance with my father again oooo when I and my mother would disagree to get my way I would run from her to him he'd make me laugh just to comfort me yeah yeah then finally make me do just what my momma said later that night when I was asleep he left a dollar under my sheet never dreamed that he would be gone from me If I could steal one final glance, one final step one final dance with him I'd play a song that would never ever end cause I'd love, love, love, to dance with my father again sometimes I'd listen outside her door and I hear how my mother cried for him I'd pray for her even more than me I'd pray for her even more than me I know I'm praying for much to much but could you send back the only man she loved I know you don't do it usually but dear lord she's dyin to dance with my father again every night I fall asleep and this is all I ever dream __Dance With My Father Again - Luther VanDross__ It makes me realize how much that I love my father... Love you daddy...So much...

No comments:

Post a Comment